Webkinz Auction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why i quit webkinz

2 posters

Go down

why i quit webkinz Empty why i quit webkinz

Post  Bubble Gum Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:11 pm

I used to be totally obsessed with webkinz. I'd check the curio shop every hour every day when I wasnt in school (this was before the curio shop help on WI). I'd spend hours catching snowflakes and leafs in winter/fallfest. I'd even do other things like read a book, play guitar hero, even homework while hunting down snowflakes/leafs. I accumalated 36 webkinz total along with 7 lil kinz on two accounts, my main one and one where I had 4 back yards full of strawberry plants which I spent about half an hour daily weeding for more kinz cash. I realized that I had spent over 450 real dollars on webkinz. And I didn't really care for the actual stuffed animal. I'd just shove it on a chair in the corner of my room. All I cared about was the PSI, exclusive items, and kinz cash that came with it. I also spent a lot of time here on WI and on www.webkinzobsession.bluewolfspirit.com on forums talking to people I didn't really know but shared one common interest in webkinz. I spent a long time writing stories for WI contests for what? An exclusive item, which is really just a blur of color on a computer monitor. Before my first webkinz, a polar bear named Benji, I never used the computer excpet for checking my e-mail maybe once a week adn school projects. My mom started to get upset that I was spending so much "screen time". SHe said it would affect me socially and would also bring down my grades which had been A's and B's.

I spent about a year like this, obsessing over webkinz. Now even though I occasionally come here to WI, I have never once logged onto my webkinz accounts. So I think I can safely say I quit webkinz. Now don't get me wrong, I don't exactly regret all my time devoted to webkinz. It gave me something to do and I enjoyed collecting PSI's and whatnot for that year. But then webkinz started getting more and more boring to me. I would log on just to do my daily activitites and employment office so I would accummalate more kinz cash for rare items, which I had quite a collection by then. Soon employment office and daily activitites became a grueling part of my day. It was beginning to become more of a hassal to drag baby bottles and teddy bears to thirsty or crying webkinz. I began to grow tired of waiting for the symbols on wishing well to even out. Well, you get the picture, I realized that all this stuff that was once a major priority was now worthless in my life. I no longer cared about decorating rooms, weeding strawberry plants, and finally adding the Egyptian bed to my collection. I drifted away from webkinz and never came back. And that's where I stand today. "Quiting" webinz just seemed natural to me then, another phase of my life done and over with.

In short,I would never erase webkinz from my memories since it was s fulfilling to me then. Yet now, webkinz is just a thing of the past for me. Does anyone else feel the same way? Visit my site for more information.

Thanks for reading this huge tri-paragraph thing. It's fne if you do not agree with me for I myself would have been shoked by something like this only a year ago. Please feel free to leave your comments positive or negative. But please do not say anything too rude or start an arguement on this thread because I do not want it to be erased by mods. Feel free to PM me about anything.

I posted that on WI For u guys this does not mean i'm stopping my monday drawings. Truth be told, this is actually a way to put all that i have collected on webkinz to good use. I might give one of my accounts away. that would be a super contest. i am making a giveaway section alng with a quiting club for people frm WI who share my opinion on the matter.
Bubble Gum
Bubble Gum
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://awesomestsite.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

why i quit webkinz Empty Re: why i quit webkinz

Post  Webkinz Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:54 pm

I always play in moderation so I don't burn myself out.

You played so much, that you just got sick of it finally. If I were you I would log in every now and then just to check it out and maybe play some arcade games.

Webkinz

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://webkinz-tips.com

Back to top Go down

why i quit webkinz Empty Webkinz

Post  Christin Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:25 am

Webkinz...On and off for me! Smile
I used to have one account,I was CRAZY! Laughing
When my Mom asked me to get off for 5 minutes,I would scream and yell for five minutes,about "I WANNA STAY ON!" Evil or Very Mad I would bring them to school,and I would take up all my bags with Webkinz when I went to parties. Shocked All I got for Christimas one year was related to Webkinz. Sleep boring!
I quit for MONTHS! Now,I have another account. I dont play too much. A have a Dachsund,Morgan,A lil'Gecko,Alex,and A manatee,Tommy.
So,I just toned it down. Caring for 100 Webkinz daily was NOT easy. So,I like it now. A little. But I TRY to control it! lol!
ChristinaBug alien

Christin

Back to top Go down

why i quit webkinz Empty Re: why i quit webkinz

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down